Power BI Fundamentals is a rigorous 2-day training course for aspiring report developers and data professionals seeking to hone their skills in Power BI. Previous experience with Power BI is NOT required. The class will be instructed by world renown Power BI developer Brian Grant.
The course is designed to walk you through each important capability of Power BI and provide you sample situations to practice your skills. Our consultants will work with you one-on-one to ensure you understand all the concepts and directions.
You will learn:
- Report and data visualization best practices
- How to transform your data with Power Query
- Write basic DAX calculations
- Build an analytical data model
This training will be delivered virtually via Microsoft Teams with support from CSG Pro consultants.
Day One – Basic Report Building
- Introduction to Power BI development stages
- Introduction to data visualization best practices
- Building a chart driven report using best practices
- Building a table driven report with conditional formatting & drill through
- Introduction to publishing
- Data wrangling primer (extract, clean, and load two Excel tables)
Day Two – Data Wrangling and Modeling
- Review of Power BI development stages
- Accessing Data Sources (Excel sheets/named-ranges, CSV files, and folders of workbooks)
- Basic transformations of data sources (date/text parsing, filtering, pivoting)
- Intermediate transformation of data sources (joining, appending, and data structures)
- Introduction to dimensional modeling
- Setting relationships and building simple DAX measures
Join us to develop your skills as a Power BI champion!