Power BI Fundamentals is a rigorous 2-day online training course for aspiring report developers and data professionals seeking to hone their skills in Power BI. Previous experience with Power BI is NOT required. The class will be instructed by world renowned Power BI developer Brian Grant.
The course is designed to walk you through each important capability of Power BI and provide you sample situations to practice your skills. Our consultants will work with you one-on-one to ensure you understand all the concepts and directions.
You will learn:
(1) Introduction to Power BI development stages
(2) Introduction to data visualization best practices
(3) Building a chart driven report using best practices
(4) Building a table driven report with conditional formatting & drill through
(5) Introduction to publishing
(6) Data wrangling primer (extract, clean, and load two Excel tables)
(1) Review of Power BI development stages
(2) Accessing Data Sources (Excel sheets/named-ranges, CSV files, and folders of workbooks)
(3) Basic transformations of data sources (date/text parsing, filtering, pivoting)
(4) Intermediate transformation of data sources (joining, appending, and data structures)
(5) Introduction to dimensional modeling
(6) Setting relationships and building simple DAX measures
Join us to develop your skills as a Power BI champion! Group pricing is available upon request.
Reviews from past students:
“Went to the Power BI course. Immediately cleared up so many anxiety points with my data analysis issues. I’m better at Excel and PowerBI. I highly recommend the class. They are data wizards, down to earth and hilarious!” – Mika A.
“CSG Pro’s PowerBI Fundamentals is a great overview of how to build dashboards and to build data models in PowerBI. The team is engaging and the materials are informative and paced well! I’ll be looking for future sessions from CSG pro on the DAX component of PowerBI. Thank you!” – Allison F.
“Enjoyed the PowerBI class. The presenter is very knowledgeable and entertaining. Support staff keep the class flowing and also have technical capability. The MAC venue is a great value added experience — accessible location and good food.” – Brandon I.